Increasingly loved by customers, SMS campaigns are now a necessary part of your mix of marketing strategies. Why? For endless reasons, ranging from the channel’s wide reach (almost 6 billion people worldwide will be able to send and receive text messages in 2025) and its profitability, to its versatility, thanks to enriched SMS.
Not familiar with its full potential yet? At LINK Mobility we are experts in this constantly evolving channel and we offer you all kinds of solutions adapted to your needs.
Seven reasons to get SMS marketing service
SMS marketing is still relatively new to many companies but it is proving to be very effective and will continue to be so in the future. There are plenty of reasons for this:
1- Their immediacy; 97% of SMS are opened within 3 minutes of receipt and many within seconds.
2- Besides enjoying high open rates, surveys show that consumers prefer short messages to respond and communicate with companies (on average, it takes only 90 seconds to answer an SMS). User interaction is served!
3- Their global reach: the channel suits both the most sophisticated smartphone and the most basic device. Therefore, a mobile SMS campaign reaches people of all ages and social conditions, and does so wherever they are.
4- An endless number of possibilities are available: sending information, notifications, appointments, alerts, certificates, discount coupons or linking to a landing page where you can take advantage of the benefits of a video, a carousel of images to showcase your products or a countdown that generates a sense of urgency. In addition, they can be customized.
5- Effective message: as only limited space is available, promotional messages or other types of communications are presented in a more direct, brief and effective way.
6- Messages are less intrusive: marketing by SMS is a permission-based activity, so the messages that reach us are less intrusive.
7- It is cheaper: both for small and large companies, SMS marketing actions are much cheaper than those that require other types of channels.
Five revealing facts about SMS marketing
- During 2020, 23% more people will choose to receive SMS from companies (source: Mobile Xco).
- 80% of people use text messages for business (source: Rebrandly).
- Between 3 – 6 out of every 10 consumers tend to have a positive impression of the companies that communicate with them through text messages (source: Jeeves.Plus).
- Consumers redeem coupons delivered by SMS 10 times more than other types of coupons (source: EZ Texting).
- Only 10% of SMS marketing messages are spam, compared to almost 50% of emails. (Source DSIM).